Freight Forwarders Forum 2018 - 15 November - WCO Brussels
'Customs, Trade and Skills - What's the deal?'
On the 15th November, CLECAT returned to the World Customs Organization for its 2018 Annual Freight Forwarders’ Forum with the theme “Customs, Trade and Skills - What’s the deal.” This year's Forum, which gathered more than 130 industry experts, policy makers and stakeholders, highlighted the importance of connecting trade, customs and skills across the EU and addressed challenges freight forwarders, customs agents and others in the logistics supply chain are facing.
Please find below the presentations of the panel speakers.
Morning: Future Proofing the Customs Profession
Session 1: Factors Changing the Customs Profession.
- Greet van Melkebeke, Senior Business Manager, Randstad
- Olivier Thouard, Customs and Tax Director, GEFCO
- Robert Windsor, Executive Director, BIFA
Session 2: Education in Customs and Trade Compliance
- Lars Karlsson, CEO, KGH Global Consulting
- Seamus Kavanagh, Executive Officer, IIFA
- Roberto Alberti, President, FEDESPEDI
- Klaas Wassens, Executive Director of the Master in Customs and Supply Chain Compliance, Rotterdam School of Management
Session 3: How to Measure and Provide Proof of Customs Competence
- Birgit Reiser, Customs and Tax Training Manager, European Commission DG TAXUD
- Marco Cutaia, Director of Customs Office Milan, Italian Customs Agency
- Werner Rens, Advisor, Belgian Administration of Customs and Excise
- Anne Sandretto, General Director, TLF Overseas
- Rob Ewalds, CEO, Gaston Schul Group
Afternoon: A Changing Customs and Trade Landscape Setting the Scene
Session 1: Politics and Populism Influencing Trade and Customs
- Frank Heijmann, Dutch Customs
- Lennart Heip, Chairman, Belgian Shippers Council (OTM)
- Jean-Francois Auzeau, Director Customs, Ziegler France
- Niels Beuck, Director, DSLV
Session 2: Implementing the EU Strategy for Risk Management
- Prof. dr. Albert Veenstra, Scientific Director, Dinalog
- Dora Gaspar, ICS2 Team, European Commission DG TAXUD
- Lothar Moehle, Director AVSEC + Governance Global Air Freight, Schenker AG
- Hong Nguyen, Technical Officer, World Customs Organization
Session 3: E-Commerce and Low Value Consignments
- Dominique Willems, Senior Manager, CLECAT
- Ana Hinojosa, Director of Compliance and Facilitation, World Customs Organization
- Jaco Voorspuij, Senior Manager Transport and Logistics, GS1
- Han Bosch, Responsible e-Commerce, Dutch Customs
- Hans Maessen, Consultant, Maco/SGS Customs Services
The Forum also celebrated the sixtieth anniversary of CLECAT. From an association of 5 Members in 1958 CLECAT has expanded to become the largest organisation of its kind in Europe, with 25 members in Europe and truly multimodal.
A summary of the event is available here.
The FFF2018 was supported by: