CLECAT Position Paper on Sustainable Urban Logistics
CLECAT has adopted a position paper on Sustainable Urban Logistics, setting out our views on how to balance the need to address urban pollution and congestion with the continued assurance of goods delivery to Europe's growing urban communities.
The paper covers topics including:
- More efficient integration of freight in the urban transport system
- Impact of restrictions on diesel vehicles & innovation needs
- Monitoring of compliance with the numerous such restrictions throughout Europe
- Alternative fuel infrastructure
- Innovation for alternative vehicle technologies
- The EU Driving Licence Directive and exemptions for electric vans
- Optimised last-mile distribution
- Green Freight Programmes
The paper may be downloaded via the link below.