Freight Forwarders Forum 2021 - Building Sustainable & Resilient Supply Chains - 25 November
On 25 November 2021, CLECAT held its online annual Freight Forwarders’ Forum, under the theme ‘Building Sustainable & Resilient Supply Chains’. Gathering experts from industry and policymakers, the event discussed key issues for the freight forwarding and logistics industry, including the COVID-19 crisis and lessons learned, zero emission logistics, as well as digitalisation and how the industry can reap its benefits for more efficient operations.
The Freight Forwarders’ Forum featured three thematic sessions, following an opening session to set the scene on the lessons learned. Presentations of the speakers can be found below.
THE COVID CRISIS – LESSONS LEARNED
- Willem van der Schalk, CLECAT President
- Magda Kopczynska, Director for Waterborne Transport DG MOVE
- Matthias Bauer, Senior Economist, ECIPE
SESSION 1: LINER SHIPPING POST-COVID, A BRAVE NEW WORLD?
- Peregrine Storrs-Fox | Risk Management Director, TT Club
- James Hookham | Secretary General, Global Shippers’ Forum
- Anne Sophie Fribourg | Director of Ocean Freight Development, Bolloré Logistics
- Pyers Tucker | Senior Advisor Corporate Development, Hapag Lloyd AG
SESSION 2: PLATFORMS – TAKING RISKS AND OVERCOMING FEARS
- Norbert Kouwenhoven | Strategy and Innovation Advisor, Dutch Customs Administration
- Stewart Jeacocke | Foundation Council Chairperson, TradeLens and Customs, Immigration & Borders Lead, IBM Global Government Centre of Competence
- Jens Roemer | Regional Managing Director, a.Hartrodt
- MartijnThijsen | Ecosystem & Platform Play Lead, Port of Rotterdam
- Rudy Hemeleers | Director, 51Biz
SESSION 3: CLOSING THE GAP - MOVING TO ZERO EMISSIONS LOGISTICS
- Kathrin Brost | Global Head of GoGreen Program, DHL Global Forwarding
- Angie Farrag-Thibault | Project Lead, Clean Trucking - Road Freight Zero, WEF
- Alan Lewis | Technical Development Director, Smart Freight Center
- Andreas Follér | Head of Sustainability, Scania
A summary of the event is available here.