CLECAT Freight Forwarders Forum 2021
Registration is open for this year's Freight Forwarders Forum, which will take place on
25 November 2021, 14.00-17.30h
Building sustainable and resilient supply chains
The 2021 online edition of the Freight Forwarders Forum brings together industry representatives from the freight forwarding and logistics sectors and European law makers in a constructive dialogue on the way forward to ensure that European supply chains are sustainable and resilient.
The Freight Forwarders Forum will feature four panel sessions, which will address current priority issues for the freight forwarding and logistics industry, including the COVID-19 crisis and lessons learned, how to achieve zero emission logistics in accordance with the EU's vision, as well as the role of digitalisation and how the industry can reap its benefits for more efficient operations.
The Freight Forwarders’ Forum will feature three thematic sessions, following an opening session to set the scene on the lessons learned:
14.00 - 14.30
THE COVID CRISIS – LESSONS LEARNED
- Willem van der Schalk, CLECAT President
- Magda Kopczynska, Director for Waterborne Transport DG MOVE
- Matthias Bauer, Senior Economist, ECIPE
14.30 – 15.30
SESSION 1: LINER SHIPPING POST-COVID, A BRAVE NEW WORLD?
- Peregrine Storrs-Fox | Risk Management Director, TT Club
- James Hookham | Secretary General, Global Shippers’ Forum
- Anne Sophie Fribourg | Director of Ocean Freight Development, Bolloré Logistics
- Pyers Tucker | Senior Advisor Corporate Development, Hapag Lloyd AG
15.30 – 16.30
SESSION 2: PLATFORMS – TAKING RISKS AND OVERCOMING FEARS
- Norbert Kouwenhoven | Strategy and Innovation Advisor, Dutch Customs Administration
- Stewart Jeacocke | Foundation Council Chairperson, TradeLens and Customs, Immigration & Borders Lead, IBM Global Government Centre of Competence
- Jens Roemer | Regional Managing Director, a.Hartrodt
- Matthijs van Doorn | Director Supply Chain & Logistics, Port of Rotterdam
- Rudy Hemeleers | Director, 51Biz
SESSION 3: CLOSING THE GAP - MOVING TO ZERO EMISSIONS LOGISTICS
- Kathrin Brost | Global Head of GoGreen Program, DHL Global Forwarding
- Angie Farrag-Thibault | Project Lead, Clean Trucking - Road Freight Zero, WEF
- Alan Lewis | Technical Development Director, Smart Freight Center
- Andreas Follér | Head of Sustainability, Scania
The full programme is available here.
If you would like to attend the forum, please register here.
Add event to calendar
CLECAT’s Freight Forwarders Forum takes place once a year, offering the freight forwarding and transport policy communities an occasion to discuss policy and business issues affecting the logistics, freight forwarding and customs services sector. The event combines high-level policy discussions between the policy makers and industry representatives with thought-provoking presentations.