Freight Forwarders Forum 2017 - Summary and Presentations
CLECAT held its 2017 Freight Forwarders Forum, on “Smart and Sustainable Logistics Solutions Through Multimodal Transport” at the Port of Barcelona on the 24th November. More than 80 experts, policy makers, and stakeholders in the supply chain discussed the challenges of multimodal transport, ahead of the 2018 European Year of Multimodality.
An executive summary is available here. The presentations are available below.
Smart and Sustainable Logistics Solutions Through Multimodal Transport
Panel 1: Frontrunners in Multimodal - What Makes Them Succesful?
- Juergen Schmitt, Director of Ekol Logistics Spain
- Sam Bruynseels, Managing Director of Lineas Intermodal
- Sebastiano Cirnigliaro, Commercial Manager of Grimaldi Logística Spain
Panel 2: Changing the Mindset & the Rules for Booking Multimodal
- Rebecca Descarrega, Business Analyst Procurement Europe at BASF
- Mark Scheerlinck, General Manager of Centraal Boeking Platform
- Denis Choumert, Chairman of the European Shippers’ Council
Panel 3: Learning from Innovation in Logistics
- Jef Hermans, Director of Portmade
- Jean-Christophe Cuvelier, Executive Vice President Business and Innovation Development at Crystal Group
- Guillermo Belcastro, CEO of the Barcelona Europe South Terminal (BEST)
We thank all the participants for their participation and their valuable contributions to the event.