CLECAT is looking for a new Senior Policy Manager
CLECAT, the European organisation for Freight forwarding and logistics, represents the vast majority of freight forwarders and customs agents in Europe through its national member’ organisations. As the spokes-piece of freight forwarders and logistics towards policy makers in Brussels we gather information on current and future EU policy developments and bring this back to our members and directly lobby for their positions vis-à-vis the European institutions and policy makers.
- Monitoring EU policy and keeping members informed about policy developments of importance for the freight forwarding and logistics industry in the area of aviation and maritime logistics, security and sustainability.
- Preparing position paper and developing lobbying strategies in close dialogue with the CLECAT membership
- Representing positions at EU level and in bilateral meetings with the EU institutions (Commission, European Parliament, Council).
- Managing a number of working groups (aviation, maritime, sustainability, security)
- Working with other stakeholders at EU level and being able to come to joint positions
- Supporting Horizon2020 projects
- University degree with relevant experience
- At least three years of relevant professional experience (lobbying EU institutions and/or working experience in EU institutions)
- Good understanding of the European transport sector and European policy in this area
- Working experience in preferably one of the following areas: aviation, maritime, sustainability, transport, security, digitalisation/customs and proven interest in these areas
- Excellent analytical and an ability to assimilate the various aspects of an issue rapidly
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- An excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written); a second or third European language is an advantage
- A dynamic personality, capable of working in a team but equally independent, well organised and flexible
If you are interested, please send your CV, along with a short motivation letter explaining why you are interested in the position to email@example.com The position is available as of 1 September.