CLECAT is hiring a Policy Advisor
CLECAT, the Brussels based association representing the interests of freight forwarders, logistics service providers and customs agents, is looking for a policy advisor to connect EU policy-makers with its membership.
The position entails the analysis and assessment of the importance of EU policy initiatives in the fields of Digitalisation, Security, Air Freight and Rail/Combined Transport. Responsibilities include intelligence gathering, preparation of CLECAT policy positions and lobby initiatives, coordination and managing of relevant committees in CLECAT as well as liaison with other stakeholders at EU level.
The ideal candidate should:
- Combine a good background or at least a profound interest in the area of digitalisation and air freight logistics with an understanding of freight forwarding and/or the transport sector; some technical expertise in one of the areas will be considered a plus.
- Have a university degree and be familiar with the functioning of the European institutions and have a good insight in EU policy making (with proven work-experience).
- Be a strong networker and communicator with a possibility to translate technical and complex legal issues into easy-to-understand messages.
- Excellent command of English both written and spoken; a second or third European language is an advantage.
- Have a dynamic personality, capable of working in a small team with multiple tasks but equally independent, well organised and flexible.
We offer a challenging and varied job in a stimulating, informal and flexible European working environment together with a competitive salary. It is a full-time post to start as soon as possible.
If you are interested, please send your CV along with a motivation letter explaining why you are interested in the position to email@example.com
For more information: www.clecat.org