CLECAT is hiring!
CLECAT, the Brussels based association representing the interests of freight forwarders, logistics service providers and customs agents, is looking for a Policy Manager to connect EU policy-makers with its membership, with the following responsibilities:
- Monitoring EU policy and advising members on EU legislative and regulatory developments in the field of road freight transport, maritime transport and sustainability.
- Drafting CLECAT policy views and positions, developing and executing lobby initiatives.
- Representing CLECAT at EU level and in bilateral meetings with the EU institutions, as well as at external events and conferences.
- Managing CLECAT working groups on sustainable logistics, maritime and road freight transport.
- Liaising with other stakeholders at EU level and being able to come to joint positions.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have a university degree, be familiar with the functioning of the European institutions and have a good insight in EU policy making.
- Have an outspoken interest in the EU transport and logistics sector. Expertise in shipping, road freight transport and sustainability will be considered a plus.
- Be a strong networker and communicator with a possibility to translate complex legal issues into easy to understand messages.
- Excellent command of English both written and spoken; a second or third European language is an advantage.
- A dynamic personality, capable of working in a small team with multiple tasks but equally independent, well organised and flexible.
If you are interested, please send your CV, preferably before the end of February along with a short motivation letter explaining why you are interested in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org