06 October 2020
FFF2020 - Session 1: Liner Shipping Put to Test: Serving Global Trade at Times of Crisis (10.30-11.45h)
- Shippers and forwarders have to deal with sudden carrier changes in capacity, reduced service level and cancelled sailings on a much higher scale than before the crisis: is this a ‘new normal’?
- Is the EU Consortia Block Exemption still fit for purpose at times of vertical integration and digitalisation?
- State aid guidelines at times of COVID-19: creating a fair level playing field.
Moderator: Nicolette van der Jagt, Director General, CLECAT
- Stijn Rubens, Senior Consultant, Drewry
- Olaf Merk, Project Manager, Ports and Shipping, International Transport Forum
- Monique Negenman, Head of Unit for State Aid, DG COMP
- Daniel Boeshertz, Head of Unit for Antitrust in Transport, Post and Other Services, DG COMP
- Jens Roemer, Managing Director, a. hartrodt
- Pyers Tucker, Senior Advisor Corporate Development, Hapag Lloyd AG
- Lamia Kerdjoudj-Belkaid, Secretary General, FEPORT